Many people believe that rhinoplasty surgery is not complicated and does not require great skills from the surgeon. But this is not so, such operations are technically complicated, with unpredictable results. They are only performed by experienced and highly qualified doctors.
How to choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon
The nose is an important organ responsible for thermoregulation of incoming air, for "clean" breathing, and also performing olfactory functions. If difficulties arise during the procedure, then the consequences will not appear immediately, but after some time. Therefore, it is important to choose not only a clinic, but also a very professional doctor.
About clinic reviews
Not always the reviews left on the clinic website are true, there are positive custom reviews to raise the rating. Therefore, it is better to focus on trusted sources, or choose a doctor on the recommendation of friends and acquaintances. There are some basic rules for how you understand that reviews are purchased. How to recognize custom comments:
- the image is missing;
- reviews are small, just general phrases;
- Regular reviews are on other sites.
If there are no aesthetic medical patients among your contacts, then freely seek out as much information as possible about the operation, where it is better to do rhinoplasty and which doctor is suitable for this. Find information:
- Make a list of plastic surgeons in your city who perform this type of procedure (if you live in a major metropolitan area, the list will be long). Of course, you can expand the list and include doctors from other cities and countries, but it is advisable to start from the city where you live.
- Collection of additional information. Detailed information about each specialist is published on the central website, so see the length of service, skill level, type of operation performed, the availability of certificates and documents confirming advanced training, as well as other interesting facts. Most candidates must be removed from the accepted list.
- Personal communication. After choosing a few doctors for yourself, be sure to sign up for a personal consultation with them. During personal communication, explain the question of interest, see how the doctor behaves, whether you like communicating with him. It’s up to you to choose, so you have to listen to yourself, your feelings.
If the doctor has a video portfolio, be sure to watch the appropriate video, this will show how professionally the doctor performs the procedure, how he or she approaches the client’s situation, and what the results are.
Cost of services
Highly qualified rhinoplasty services cannot be cheap, consider this when choosing. Free of charge, such surgery is performed only when receiving an acute facial injury (broken nose) or who suffers from persistent nasal obstruction due to a defect of the nasal septum. In other cases, rhinoplasty surgery will be paid for.
Large plastic surgery centers often organize possible promotions, contests, where there is an opportunity to get free surgery or get a discount on such services. This is also worth taking advantage of. However, even in this case, before the procedure, consult with your doctor about possible contraindications and consequences.
Periodically, doctors perform free surgeries when they improve their skills or switch to new working methods (no experience in such surgeries yet), or patients have interesting cases that will help rhinoplasty climb the career ladder and hone their skills.
The best rhinoplasty surgeon
Consider the most sought after rhinoplasty doctor in the world.
Rhinoplasty of the world (best surgeon)
Oscar Ramirez (USA)
The world's leading plastic surgery surgeon. More than 30 years of experience, performing operations of varying complexity. Also published in popular publications, active in medical activity.
Enrico Robotti (Italy)
The qualifications of a maxillofacial surgeon and other achievements make Enrico the most popular doctor in Italy. Over 30 years of experience. Rhinoplasty is most often performed openly. Vice President of the European Rhinoplasty Association.
Wolfgang Gubish (Germany)
Doctor of otorhinolaryngology of the highest category, holds the title of Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Würzburg. Perform open rhinoplasty only.
Yves Saban (France)
Oral and maxillofacial surgeon, MD, guest speaker at various world conferences in Algeria, Asia, etc. Perform surgery only in a closed manner. The cost of the procedure varies depending on the complexity.
Yeghiazaryan Gevorg Yurievich (Armenia)
Each year she improves her qualifications, owning the latest achievements in medicine in the field of open and closed rhinoplasty. Works on primary and secondary rhinoplasty.
Yatskevich Oleg Stepanovich (Belarus)
Associate professor of the highest category, candidate of medical sciences. He completed his training in Italy, learned innovative working methods in plastic surgery, performed surgeries of varying complexity.
How to choose the right plastic surgery center
Surgery such as rhinoplasty is a complicated procedure, where it is better to do it, choose carefully. A prerequisite for visiting the center is that the institution has a license to conduct this type of activity. It is also worth paying attention to the interior of the clinic, how pleasant it is to be in the room.
Criteria for choosing a plastic surgery center
To choose an institution, you can use a variety of criteria, consider the most basic:
- the availability of officially certified licenses and other documents required for the implementation of activities;
- after computer modeling of future nose shapes, a professional will not guarantee 100%similarity. It is always possible to change the shape of the nose by a few millimeters;
- before the procedure, it is mandatory to carry out medical examination of the upper and lower respiratory tract and other tests as prescribed by a doctor;
- the service catalog should contain actual photos of the patient, if new technology is being introduced and there are no visible results yet, then it is worth looking for another cosmetology center;
- it is mandatory to make an agreement with the center, otherwise, if a claim arises, you will not be able to submit it.
The plastic clinics and rhinoplasts of the world discussed in the article will help you decide on the choice of doctor. Register in person to consult a doctor before making an agreement with a specialized center for plastic surgery.